Welcome to Finding Aids @ Georgia Archives
- The search engine looks for records containing every word you submit
- Use a * truncation sign to search for all characters before or after the * (e.g. Shef* retrieves Sheftall, Sheffield, Sheffer, Sheff)
- Use a minus sign before a term you want to omit from your results (e.g. "bass-fish" finds surname Bass but not bass fishing)
- Use filters to narrow your search results
- "Archival Record" are physical objects: boxes, folder, volumes
- "Collections" are descriptions of groups or series of records
- Browse by Collections (name order), Record Groups (record group number) or Creators
If you have questions about our holdings, searching Finding Aids, or would like to review your records, please use our Ask an Archivist email reference service.
The Georgia Archives provides access to its records and collections as an unaltered, historical record. These materials may contain offensive language or negative stereotypes reflecting the culture or language of a particular period or place. They reflect the period in which they were created.