Atlanta Audubon Society
- Existence: 1926
- Usage: 1972 - 2020
- Usage: 2020 -
- Usage: 1926 - 1972
Georgia Audubon was originally known as the Atlanta Bird Club and later as Atlanta Audubon Society. Established in 1926, the Atlanta Bird Club was a volunteer-led group whose mission was "the study, protection, and appreciation of birds." Monthly bird walks were held in and around the Atlanta area.
In 1968 the Atlanta Bird Club voted to become a chapter of the National Audubon Society and in 1972, the Atlanta Bird Club voted to change their name to Atlanta Audubon Society.
Following decades of successful programming in Conservation, Education, and Community Engagement, the need for a more unified approach to statewide conservation on behalf of birds became apparent. In 2020 the board and staff of Atlanta Audubon made the bold decision to transform the organization into a statewide leader on issues of bird and habitat conservation, environmental education, and community engagement. On August 3, 2020, Atlanta Audubon Society made the public announcement that its new name would be Georgia Audubon.