Skip to main content

Atlanta and West Point Railroad architectural and engineering drawings

 Collection
Identifier: 1975-0435M

Scope and Contents

Drawings of structural, right-of-way, and proposed plans of depots, spur tracks, shops, and yards for the Atlanta and West Point Rail Road and the Western Railway of Alabama.

Dates

  • 1882 - 1950

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Unrestricted.

Biographical / Historical

The Atlanta and West Point Rail Road was chartered in 1847 as the Atlanta and LaGrange Rail Road and renamed in 1857. The line ran from East Point, Fulton County, Georgia, to West Point, Troup County, Georgia. From 1886 onward the Atlanta and West Point Rail Road and the Western Railway of Alabama operated as one railroad under the name West Point Route. The former Atlanta and West Point Rail Road property is now owned by CSX Transportation.

Extent

6 folders : Oversize

Language of Materials

English

Title
Atlanta and West Point Railroad architectural and engineering drawings
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Georgia Archives Manuscript Collections Repository

Contact:
5800 Jonesboro Rd
Morrow GA 30214 United States