Skip to main content

Defense - Georgia National Guard - Misc. Files

 Series
Identifier: 022-03-054

Scope and Contents

The Georgia State Guard was originally organized in 1940 under the name of the State Defense Corps by authority of Federal Act ML 1939, Sec. 1323, as amended by Act of Oct. 21, 1940 (Sec. 1, Bill No. 36, WD 1940). It was later changed to Georgia Defense Corps by a proclamation of the Governor on April 16, 1941, and organized in three divisions: the State Guard Units; the Georgia Military Police, and the Air Patrol Service. An Act of March 5, 1943, created the Georgia State Guard, which was to function during such time as the Georgia National Guard is in active Federal service. This series consists of various records concerning the Guard. Included are: (1) early draft cards; (2) duty rosters; (3) requisitions; (4) correspondence; (5) station logs; (6) property reports, and (7) related material.

Dates

  • Created: 1940-1949

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Unrestricted

Extent

3.00 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Arrangement Note

The records are in no discernible arrangement.

Creator

Title
Defense - Georgia National Guard - Misc. Files
Author
Georgia Archives
Description rules
Local
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Georgia Archives Repository

Contact:
5800 Jonesboro Rd
Morrow GA 30260 United States